Do you have a passion for making things entirely by hand or appreciate it in other people? In my teens and twenties, I got a thrill out of being my own mechanic on my old '75 Mustang. Yep, I've changed a few water pumps and brake pads. I have sewn every stitch of handmade rag dolls with a needle and thread (no machine stitching), and I prefer to cook from scratch. Isn't it much more rewarding to gather family and friends to put in fence posts, and raise barns? So naturally for me, prepping the fleece, learning to spin, and then making things from the alpacas' luscious fiber is my idea of happiness! -Kaylen

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SSF Peruvian Mystery Joins Our Herd


We have a wonderful addition to our herd! SSF Peruvian Mystery is an outstanding Jr. Herdsire that we believe will bring excellent qualities to our breeding program. He comes from Seldom Scene Farm and you can read about our visit on their farm blog.  Lindy snapped this great picture while we were there.  They also have llama trekking available if you are looking for a neat way to spend some time with your family or group.  Look for SSF Peruvian Mystery in the show ring this fall!

No comments: