Do you have a passion for making things entirely by hand or appreciate it in other people? In my teens and twenties, I got a thrill out of being my own mechanic on my old '75 Mustang. Yep, I've changed a few water pumps and brake pads. I have sewn every stitch of handmade rag dolls with a needle and thread (no machine stitching), and I prefer to cook from scratch. Isn't it much more rewarding to gather family and friends to put in fence posts, and raise barns? So naturally for me, prepping the fleece, learning to spin, and then making things from the alpacas' luscious fiber is my idea of happiness! -Kaylen

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Treasure!

As part of my Etsy experience, one of the things I like doing is making "Treasuries".  It connects me with other Etsians, and I have found the neatest things!  Here is a treasury I was recently featured in:



My Cup of Tea  by shop owner Zebina

My item is the alpaca tea cozy at the top left and I have that tea wallet on my wish list!

I've been making treasuries, too.  Each week there is a challenge to design a treasury around one shop owner's item.  This week it was a cute salt and pepper illustration by FlourishCafe.  Here is my entry:



I've made other treasuries too, which you can see here. 

I find I've become an avid Etsy buyer, too!  It sure has changed how I feel about the gift I am giving.


I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

No comments: