Do you have a passion for making things entirely by hand or appreciate it in other people? In my teens and twenties, I got a thrill out of being my own mechanic on my old '75 Mustang. Yep, I've changed a few water pumps and brake pads. I have sewn every stitch of handmade rag dolls with a needle and thread (no machine stitching), and I prefer to cook from scratch. Isn't it much more rewarding to gather family and friends to put in fence posts, and raise barns? So naturally for me, prepping the fleece, learning to spin, and then making things from the alpacas' luscious fiber is my idea of happiness! -Kaylen

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thrummed Bunny Slippers

Thrummed.  I hadn't heard of that until I made an online friend, Deb.  She is a fellow alpaca farmer and we've become great pen pals...what DO you call pen pals these days when it is all via the internet?  She posted a really neat blog about thrummed slippers she made for her family.  They are much needed in Canada where they live!  Thrummed slippers have unspun, fluffy, fleece making the inside of your slippers all cushy and soft....and warm.

Just a few days ago I came across this incredibly sweet pattern for thrummed bunny slippers!  

Oh how CUTE! 


You are thinking "link, give me a link please!" right?  
Here it is: Bunny Hop Slippers

Here is a link to Deb's blog post, too, so you can see her slippers: 

These will be on my needles for sure.  Maybe in time for Easter?


2 comments:

Andy and Deb said...

Thanks for the mention Kaylen....I found those too...did you make any yet???

Kaylen said...

Not yet... but I was looking for spring/Easter type items when I found these. I think your pattern is a great one, too! Looks like they would really stay put.