Do you have a passion for making things entirely by hand or appreciate it in other people? In my teens and twenties, I got a thrill out of being my own mechanic on my old '75 Mustang. Yep, I've changed a few water pumps and brake pads. I have sewn every stitch of handmade rag dolls with a needle and thread (no machine stitching), and I prefer to cook from scratch. Isn't it much more rewarding to gather family and friends to put in fence posts, and raise barns? So naturally for me, prepping the fleece, learning to spin, and then making things from the alpacas' luscious fiber is my idea of happiness! -Kaylen

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunshine and Mud

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I love winter. Aside from any serious trouble it is cozy and pretty to me and puts me in a  knitting and spinning kind of mood.  

The weather warmed up enough over the weekend to melt the latest snow and ice.  This means we go through a lot of shoes and deal with a dirty kitchen floor.  I slip and slide in the hilly pastures a bit and it means lots of baths for my daughter's dog, Sunshine, aka Sunny.  He is a little low to the ground. Handsome Hubby snagged him and dumped him in a box to bring him inside yesterday.




You can tell Sunny knows what is coming next...
see how his ears are back?




But it's not long before it is all better...



As we brace for the next round of storms heading across the country, I managed to get a propane delivery.  They had their mud boots on, too.  

Here's hoping the electricity stays on!  I don't think Sunny is going to want a cold bath.


No comments: