Do you have a passion for making things entirely by hand or appreciate it in other people? In my teens and twenties, I got a thrill out of being my own mechanic on my old '75 Mustang. Yep, I've changed a few water pumps and brake pads. I have sewn every stitch of handmade rag dolls with a needle and thread (no machine stitching), and I prefer to cook from scratch. Isn't it much more rewarding to gather family and friends to put in fence posts, and raise barns? So naturally for me, prepping the fleece, learning to spin, and then making things from the alpacas' luscious fiber is my idea of happiness! -Kaylen

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The "S" Word

All the white "stuff" melted yesterday and today, like many other places across the United States, we have another round of the "S" word. On the window sills you can see the little chess pieces Handsome Hubby and Little Man are making out of clay.  At least we've been able to come up with some fun things to do to combat cabin fever.




During the evening feed duty I thought I'd snap some pictures with the alpacas.  I can always count on our guard llama, Ringo, to get in them.   He IS technically doing his job by getting in between the alpacas and anything else that comes along, but I think he just wants to stick his nose in the feed bucket I'm carrying.  He gets pretty pushy with that nose!





Now getting the picture was going to be a little tricky.  I could hear the boys drinking the warm water I just brought out.  When it got quiet I knew they had raised their head...





Bingo!  There is our pretty Jr. Herdsire,  Peruvian Mystery, but I  left someone out of the shot!



I'll have to try when someone else can hold the camera AND I can't promise it will be before Spring.    Ha!  Another "S" word.  :)




No comments: